“Gentlemen, start your blenders!”
That’s what I say when I order a smoothie. Alright, you got me, no, it isn’t. But wouldn’t that be a fun thing to say? Blending stuff is just fun in general: smoothies, paint, friend groups. You take separate things, mix ‘em together, and then you end up with a new, exciting, beautiful – maybe even delicious (I really want a smoothie, okay?) – outcome.
In terms of learning, the idea of blending is also fun, exciting, and beneficial. It’s an excellent way to keep your learners engaged. It is also helpful to those learners that might thrive with alternative methods of instruction. Offering blended learning can make your training more effective, increase retention, and provide flexibility and supplementation to your users.
So, how can you utilize blended learning in tandem with your LMS?
- Add online quizzes or “knowledge checks” throughout training – it doesn’t have to be serious or graded. It can simply break up the monotony of extended periods of learning and also help reinforce the material
- Provide self-paced reading assignments before a class so participants can be better prepared and more engaged in your live-session training
- Have workshop follow-up assignments or checklist evaluations to gauge the application or retention of the learning
- Schedule refresher webinars every three or six months to reinforce key objectives
- Take advantage of multiple formats of learning to accommodate all types of learning styles
You’ve got all the ingredients: your content, knowledge bank, webinars, videos, whitepapers, and outstanding instructors. Let Prosperity LMS be your blender. We will take your great training, toss it together (gently and carefully), and serve a stellar learning experience for your users.
Ask us anything or set up a little tête-à-tête -- we love chatting.